Neuropsychology Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Neuropsychology Postdoctoral Fellowship is within the Department of Neurology and the Glenn Biggs Institute for Alzheimer’s and Neurodegenerative Diseases at the University of Texas Health Science Center (DBA UT Health San Antonio).
This is a two-year, APPCN-member fellowship designed to provide hands-on training in clinical neuropsychology for independent practice while also allowing successful trainees to obtain board certification in clinical neuropsychology.
It is expected that many of our fellows will prepare for academic careers in clinical neuropsychology or a related specialty within professional psychology. Others will likely be planning careers primarily as clinicians, working as neuropsychologists in general hospitals or the community.
Mission and Goals
Our program’s mission is to advance the formation of neuropsychology’s future generations.
We accomplish this mission through five goals:
- Provide supervised clinical experience across a range of neurologic disorders and diversity of demographics;
- Educate our trainees by leveraging multidisciplinary collaboration and scholarship;
- Support research literacy and productivity to advance knowledge;
- Engage with the public and profession to expand the reach of neuropsychology;
- Accomplish goals in a way that prepares our trainees for board certification in clinical neuropsychology.
We are a member of the Association of Postdoctoral Programs in Clinical Neuropsychology (APPCN). As such we abide by its rules and procedures and share its mission to, “offer the highest quality competency-based residency training in clinical neuropsychology with an emphasis on preparation for future specialty board certification through the American Board of Professional Psychology/American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology (ABPP/ABCN).”