Call for Abstracts
South Texas Alzheimer’s Conference Poster Blitz
As part of the South Texas Alzheimer’s Conference, all conference attendees are invited to a poster presentation and poster blitz competition on Monday, February 24. Prizes will be awarded to the best posters.
First place $2,000
Second place $1,000
Third place $500
Abstract submission topic categories
- Prediction and Prevention of Dementia with Focus on Hispanic Populations
- Comprehensive Care in Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Precision Medicine, Genomics and Neuroimaging
- Novel Therapeutic Paradigms
December 2, 2019: Online abstract submission opens.
January 20, 2020 (12:00am CST): Deadline to submit abstracts through the online form.
February 6, 2020: Notification of abstract acceptance for presentation and poster blitz podium presentation.
February 20, 2020: Deadline to submit presentation slides.
February 24, 2020: Poster blitz podium presentation.
Abstract submission requirements
Poster abstracts must include the following:
- A concise title.
- Author(s) information including first and last name and institutional affiliations. At least one of the authors is required to present the poster during the poster blitz event on Monday, February 24. (More information on this event to be announced.)
- A comprehensive abstract that describes the information that will be presented including, a research objective, methods used and a summary of results in sufficient detail to support conclusions drawn. The abstract is limited to 750 words.
- Abstract submission topic must be on one of the following topic categories:
- Prediction & prevention of dementia with focus on Hispanic populations
- Comprehensive care in neurodegenerative Diseases
- Precision medicine, genomics & neuroimaging
- Novel therapeutic paradigms
Criteria for evaluation
- Relevance to at least one of the topic categories listed under poster submission requirements section.
- Technical quality: Exhibit high quality writing and accurately cite relevant sources.
- Intellectual merit: Research presented must advance knowledge and understanding within a field of study or across disciplines.
Suggested poster templates
You are free to use one of the below templates for a 4x3ft poster to place information. If you are a faculty member or student of UT Health San Antonio, please use “UT Health San Antonio poster template.” Presentations by external groups, please use “General poster template.” Posters will be displayed digitally at the conference. You are required to submit your poster twice: one file must be submitted as a PDF and another as a JPEG.